Highland Roads Herd
Over the last few days I've observed a group of deer of about seven to eight individuals who have been visiting the feeding area that Uncle Dwaine has created in the backyard. As far as I can tell, because distinguishing sex is difficult due to similar coloring and due to the season (this is the time of the season where adult and adolescent bucks lose their antlers). After some consultation with Uncle Dwaine and a few discreet behind views, I am confident that there are:
2 adult bucks
3 adult does
3 adolescents (believed to be all male due to their whiter faces)
My favorite doe I've named Barbra Ann and she sports a yellow tag on her right ear due to an incident I shall explain later. The two adult bucks I've named Brutus and Gluttony respectively. Gluttony is the largest male and the widest while Brutus is slightly smaller. The two other does are nameless for now, but I'll come up with names soon.
The three adolescents are Nick, Gemini and Duo. Duo and Gemini are twins, practically because they are always together, often following one of the does. Nick Rascallion is his full affectionate name. He is a rascal and more aggressive than the other two "boys". He has a notch missing from his right ear, probably because he's been getting into trouble with the larger males or the females.
2 adult bucks
3 adult does
3 adolescents (believed to be all male due to their whiter faces)
My favorite doe I've named Barbra Ann and she sports a yellow tag on her right ear due to an incident I shall explain later. The two adult bucks I've named Brutus and Gluttony respectively. Gluttony is the largest male and the widest while Brutus is slightly smaller. The two other does are nameless for now, but I'll come up with names soon.
The three adolescents are Nick, Gemini and Duo. Duo and Gemini are twins, practically because they are always together, often following one of the does. Nick Rascallion is his full affectionate name. He is a rascal and more aggressive than the other two "boys". He has a notch missing from his right ear, probably because he's been getting into trouble with the larger males or the females.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home