Cycling Drama
The YMCA has morning daily cycling classes that my mom has really gotten into. So naturally, when she finds something involving "health: nutrition & physical activity" (funny how I taught the very same subject at PHE) she ropes me into doing it with her or at least tries to casually mention (maybe not so casually) it so many times that I get annoyed and we fight, but I usually wind up going. So I bet you know where I was from 9 am to 10 am on Tuesday.
I love apples, and if five makes a core, then the five of us, are the core of the H-Squad apple. We're not more important, we're just the core. Because the ones on the outside, the rest of the apple have left the core. The core being the town in which the proximity of our houses brings us closer to one another, than college which has spread us apart. So anyway, the five of us still in the core, have been talking about where we'll be in like 10 years from high school to the point in our lives when we are comfortable, stable, with boyfriend, with marriage, with child or all of the above. OBL and I even talked with my mom, but we didn't have much comfort knowing well, absolutely nothing about our futures. So anyway, while we were thinking about the unknown of the futures and basically what our parents or adults we knew, how they met their significant other and what went on in their lives up until now as well as who they were in high school.
So with this long, long introduction about people and their high school former personalities, I couldn't believe how ridiculous people are. Still. At past thirty and in their forties or even beyond then.
My mom and I were late to class, as we usually are, because although my mother is a timely person, we get distracted and are late. We got the spinning cycles closest to the wall across from the entrance door, like we did the last time. And I checked out the faces in the class.
There was a rather dowdy young woman perhaps in the mid twenties on my right, my mom on my left, a older Asian gentleman, the profusely sweaty enthusiastic cycling instructor on my mom' s left. I looked across the room to see the forefront of the room had two young twenty year old women, an old woman who thought was an old man, an old woman who I thought was bald until I noticed her ponytail past her sweatband, a really red faced older man and these two women who were sitting on opposite ends away from each other, but were incredibly enthusiastic. One of them unfortunately resembled the Witch of the Waste from "Howl's Moving Castle" after her powers were extracted, but had a very skinny body while the other one was very short, and looked like a cross between Michelle Pfieffer and Angelina Jolie, except way shorter than either woman.
But the people who really had my attention were these two women who I knew immediately when I saw them were there because of New Year's resolutions.
(By the way, this toast keeps changing its taste, which is bizarre for honey wheat homemade bread, orange marmalade and cream cheese. It keeps changing its flavor on me, the mixture, the blend of the three different elements of the breakfast...It's so WEIRD.)
I knew this, because well, they were both overweight. I mean not corpulent, but definitely heavier than anybody else in the room. They were also clearly not the acquainted with exercise or proper excercise attire as they were either in designer gear, oversized clothing that could easily snag on the cycling machines, make up and jewelry. But, what I couldn't believe was how JUVENILE they were. I mean, for crying out loud, these women were younger than my mom, but way older than me. Probably in their thirties or forties, but they were acting like a couple of snot nosed snubs in high school. They kept evil eying anybody who was working hard and gossiping with one another about how "over energetic" they were and refusing to let a hard working neighbor of theirs to use the overhead fan. Because it was "too cold." Well DUH. Those two women were barely breaking a sweat. In fact, I bet the wheels were barely turning.
I hoped I'd never see them again, but of course, I did. They wanted to work alongside each other in the main gym and kicked me off my machine. They started gossiping again about their neighbors and stuff. I told DN. She said she wished should could've been there to find out if they were bad mouthing me. She totally could've, because it wasn't like I could understand exactly what they were saying.
I love apples, and if five makes a core, then the five of us, are the core of the H-Squad apple. We're not more important, we're just the core. Because the ones on the outside, the rest of the apple have left the core. The core being the town in which the proximity of our houses brings us closer to one another, than college which has spread us apart. So anyway, the five of us still in the core, have been talking about where we'll be in like 10 years from high school to the point in our lives when we are comfortable, stable, with boyfriend, with marriage, with child or all of the above. OBL and I even talked with my mom, but we didn't have much comfort knowing well, absolutely nothing about our futures. So anyway, while we were thinking about the unknown of the futures and basically what our parents or adults we knew, how they met their significant other and what went on in their lives up until now as well as who they were in high school.
So with this long, long introduction about people and their high school former personalities, I couldn't believe how ridiculous people are. Still. At past thirty and in their forties or even beyond then.
My mom and I were late to class, as we usually are, because although my mother is a timely person, we get distracted and are late. We got the spinning cycles closest to the wall across from the entrance door, like we did the last time. And I checked out the faces in the class.
There was a rather dowdy young woman perhaps in the mid twenties on my right, my mom on my left, a older Asian gentleman, the profusely sweaty enthusiastic cycling instructor on my mom' s left. I looked across the room to see the forefront of the room had two young twenty year old women, an old woman who thought was an old man, an old woman who I thought was bald until I noticed her ponytail past her sweatband, a really red faced older man and these two women who were sitting on opposite ends away from each other, but were incredibly enthusiastic. One of them unfortunately resembled the Witch of the Waste from "Howl's Moving Castle" after her powers were extracted, but had a very skinny body while the other one was very short, and looked like a cross between Michelle Pfieffer and Angelina Jolie, except way shorter than either woman.
But the people who really had my attention were these two women who I knew immediately when I saw them were there because of New Year's resolutions.
(By the way, this toast keeps changing its taste, which is bizarre for honey wheat homemade bread, orange marmalade and cream cheese. It keeps changing its flavor on me, the mixture, the blend of the three different elements of the breakfast...It's so WEIRD.)
I knew this, because well, they were both overweight. I mean not corpulent, but definitely heavier than anybody else in the room. They were also clearly not the acquainted with exercise or proper excercise attire as they were either in designer gear, oversized clothing that could easily snag on the cycling machines, make up and jewelry. But, what I couldn't believe was how JUVENILE they were. I mean, for crying out loud, these women were younger than my mom, but way older than me. Probably in their thirties or forties, but they were acting like a couple of snot nosed snubs in high school. They kept evil eying anybody who was working hard and gossiping with one another about how "over energetic" they were and refusing to let a hard working neighbor of theirs to use the overhead fan. Because it was "too cold." Well DUH. Those two women were barely breaking a sweat. In fact, I bet the wheels were barely turning.
I hoped I'd never see them again, but of course, I did. They wanted to work alongside each other in the main gym and kicked me off my machine. They started gossiping again about their neighbors and stuff. I told DN. She said she wished should could've been there to find out if they were bad mouthing me. She totally could've, because it wasn't like I could understand exactly what they were saying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home