Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bucket List/Future Goals/Things I Want To Do/Go/Be, Fun Fun etc.

I decided not to make a list. Because that gives people the wrong idea. It makes people think or assume this is in order or has priority. Nope. I just want to experience these things or do these things or these are my future goals. Things I want to have happen. Or I want to make happen. Or will happen if they are meant to happen. Well, some things have an order, but if you know me, some of those things won't be for a while. And that is fine with me.
  • Secure another summer internship at NTAPP
  • Receive a high rating at NTAPP (another 3 or possibly aim for a 4)
  • Be more assertive
  • Ask for help more often
  • Receive a job offer at NTAPP
  • Work and excel in the high tech industry for 5-7 years, possibly 10
  • Get an internship in the publishing industry
    • Be a "slush pile" reader
  • Get a job in the publishing industry 
    • Become an editor 
  • Write and finish a novel, collection of short stories, collection of poetry, etc.
  • Write and publish a work that becomes a positive influential, inspiring read (not a one hit wonder!)
  • Write and publish a work that becomes a New York Bestseller (not a one hit wonder!)
  • Continue to expand my Roth IRA, continue to grow my future savings
    • Retirement
    • Recreational spending
    • Children
    • Pet or pets? They get expensive!
  • Go to graduate school to get Masters Degree (MFA? Or pursue professional writing?)
    • Get company to pay for it! 
  •  I want to go on a road trip --> the real deal
  • Grand Canyon
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • I want to go on a backpacking trip
  • I want to do a marathon or some sort of race for a charitable cause (City Team?) 
  • *Maybe find my family in China --> I haven't decided if this is a good idea or not, there are sure to be consequences and I want to be sure
    • Find my parents
    • Find my sisters
    • Find somebody who knows what happened to them
  • Go to China
  • Go to Japan 
    • Go skiing in Hokkaido
    • Go to the ice sculpture festival 
    • Visit a ice hotel
    • Visit the Studio Ghibli museum 
    • Go to a hot springs resort
  • Go to India
  • Go to Europe (France, U.K., Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Greece, etc etc etc everywhere)
  • Go to New Zealand 
    • Visit the places where "Lord of the Rings" was filmed
  • Volunteer on a Native reservation with M.C.
  • Learn to tack, groom, ride a horse
  • Learn to round up cattle
  • Own a horse
  • Keep dogs, at least 2 
  • Retire somewhere tranquil and beautiful with land
  • Be a home owner
  • Own land
  • Have a slow dance with [a/the] man I love 
  • Enter a domestic partnership/romantic relationship, find my "one person-person"
    • I won't get married unless I am certain we will not divorce, I never want to be divorced
  • Walk my little sister down the aisle at her wedding
  • Perform a wedding for a dear friend
  • Be a mother 
    • I do not want to have an abortion, although I am pro-life I personally would be devastated/traumatized if I had to end a life, I don't want to even make the decision
    • I would like to adopt, because I was adopted and I feel an affinity with those children
  • Be a grandmother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home