Friday, September 16, 2011

I feel stupid

I feel way too stupid to be in school. I just sent an email to a professor who apparently must believe I'm a flaming imbecile. What should I do? Apologize for being stupid next Tuesday? She sent a massive explaination which did not clear up any confusion in my mind.

What the fuck is up with people being passive aggressive? The fact I'm writing this is only proof that I am too to blame.

Technology has enabled us to hide ourselves behind a screen so that our actions are just fingers typing against keys. Nobody can hurt us. Nobody can erase us. We simply "exist." Unless by point and click and drag and drop, we erase what is seemingly un-erasable in Cyperspace. There is ownership. There is space that is occupied by everyone. We see everything and everything "sees" us. Sometimes Cyperspace knows us more than we know ourselves.

What ever happened to people speaking to one another? To discussions with lips and mouths and vocal cords? What happened to patience? Why are people so impatient? We don't want things to buffer, we need things to load, we need things to link. We need to know everything and anything. We need to digest and we need, need, need. What happened to speaking? To conversation? That doesn't need screens or keys.

My professor most likely believes I'm stupid. Everything of course is answerable because of the syllabus. I'm just too stupid, too silly to look there. But when I did look, there was information she gave that was completely new. So in a way, my angering her or annoying her as retrieved more information than before. Yay?

Well of course, I'm to blame. I'm the one who will be skewered.

I need to do a Cultural Inventory. Something to do with the Americas. The Americas is Central/South America. Juxaposed with "Coming of Age" and how USA Americans perceive Americas. How does this influence children/young adults and their growth? What does it tell us?

With images. With text. With sound.

I need to figure out something fantastic and unique and amazing so she won't hate me.

God, I don't know if I can survive anymore.

I'm nothing. I have no place here in academics or socially.

I just don't belong.

I'm just too stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home