Awkward Turtle
I bought a cookie and went back upstairs and because I'm lazy, I didn't use the stairs. By the time I rounded the corner where the elevators were, there was a open elevator and a guy who had walked in ahead of me. He hadn't seen me so I ducked in before he punched the buttons and was in the elevator before I became sandwiched between the doors. I've been hit before and it hurts. Seriously, it's no love tap, it's like the thing is trying to compress your insides or at least bruise some ribs.
Anyway, so I'm in there and I suppose I startled him slightly, but he was nice enough to gesture to the key pad asking me what floor I needed. I thanked him, though I thought it was strange he didn't ask me anything verbally. In fact, when he finished punching the button he turned around so he didn't face me directly and rested his forehead against the doors, slightly hunched over. I noticed that he was panting, his eyes closed. He was breathing pretty heavily and in an exaggerated fashion.
I could picture him telling himself mentally and rather loudly, "C'mon, c'mon. Breathe in....breathe out...in....out...breathe in--" and so forth. It was so obvious that he was concentrating on converting oxygen to carbon dioxide, I felt like a Telepath would have gotten angry with him for making it so obvious to the non-Supers.
I also noticed his temple was red and there was this big ugly vein throbbing there.
It was then I realized he was probably nauseous and about to vomit.
I felt bad because I didn't ask him if he was OK, but he ducked out by the time I noticed he was ill and bee lined for the bathroom.
Anyway, so I'm in there and I suppose I startled him slightly, but he was nice enough to gesture to the key pad asking me what floor I needed. I thanked him, though I thought it was strange he didn't ask me anything verbally. In fact, when he finished punching the button he turned around so he didn't face me directly and rested his forehead against the doors, slightly hunched over. I noticed that he was panting, his eyes closed. He was breathing pretty heavily and in an exaggerated fashion.
I could picture him telling himself mentally and rather loudly, "C'mon, c'mon. Breathe in....breathe out...in....out...breathe in--" and so forth. It was so obvious that he was concentrating on converting oxygen to carbon dioxide, I felt like a Telepath would have gotten angry with him for making it so obvious to the non-Supers.
I also noticed his temple was red and there was this big ugly vein throbbing there.
It was then I realized he was probably nauseous and about to vomit.
I felt bad because I didn't ask him if he was OK, but he ducked out by the time I noticed he was ill and bee lined for the bathroom.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home