Giving up the gambit
I used to think I was a tolerant and easy going person.
Not anymore.
I used to think I was a good friend.
Not anymore.
I admit, the new me is neither of those things. I miss her, but in order to move on. I think I just have to accept things, even though I don't want to. Maybe I have to do things I don't want to do. But even then, will that make me a better person?
If I congratulate your sex life?
If I gush about your boyfriends? Girlfriends?
If I tell you lies about what I really think about your lifestyle?
But if that's what you want to hear.
Not anymore.
I used to think I was a good friend.
Not anymore.
I admit, the new me is neither of those things. I miss her, but in order to move on. I think I just have to accept things, even though I don't want to. Maybe I have to do things I don't want to do. But even then, will that make me a better person?
If I congratulate your sex life?
If I gush about your boyfriends? Girlfriends?
If I tell you lies about what I really think about your lifestyle?
But if that's what you want to hear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home