Saturday, February 7, 2009

Written Greatness

"And put put put your heart where your mouth is"
Risky Business/The Cab

"Wish I didn't, I don't want to be another footnote in someone else's happiness"
Headfirst Slide into Coopertown on a Bad Bet/Fall Out Boy

"He heard you could see the future inside a glass of water"
Glass of Water/Coldplay

Music!

You write me through the ears, the mind and the truth.

You know my emotions; put to music, put to words.

The feelings we all face, we all share, we all know.
The feelings felt, shared, expressed.

Sometimes it is not your words who know you best.

Sing of what I feel, how I feel.
Sing of who I am, what I do.

---

Why does my heart cry?
Feelings I can't fight
You're free to leave me
But please don't deceive me

--"El Tango De Roxanne"

See how virtue repays you
You turn and someone betrays you
Betray him first
And the game's reversed

--"The Riddle"

Closed off from love
I didn't need the pain

I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth

--"Bleeding Love"

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in gray
And the sun will set for you

--"Shadow of the Day"

Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
Let you soul take you where you long to be

--"Music of the Night"

Sing once again with me
Our strange duet

--"Phantom of the Opera"

Go if you must move on alone
I'm gonna make it on my own

Kiss me goodbye, love's memory

Won't shed a tear, love's mortality
You put the dream in my reality

--"Kiss Me Goodbye"

I can't live
--"With or without you"

Oh didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Feeling all alone without a friend you feel like dying

--"I want you to want me"

I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What would you do if
You were the one

--"Thinking of You"

What I always see
Is the face of someone who once belonged to me

--"When I look at you"

I don't care what you think
The best of us can find happiness in misery

--"I Don't Care"

I want to make you move
Because you're standing still

--"Paralyzer"

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when, you're going to let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

--"Somewhere Only We Know"

Whoa, I'm losing hope
There's a hole in my heart
That's been cut out of stone

--"The Coldest Heart"

You see those patterns in the big sky
Those constellations look like you and I
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

If I had to do this all a second time

When the angels sing of that unlikely blend
Those two funny friends

--"My Funny Friend and Me"

If I were smart as Aristotle
And understood the rings around the moon
Why would it all matter if you loved me?

Here in your arms when everything seems to be clear
Not a solitary thing would I fear

--"Until"

You take your skinny girl
'Cause I feel like I'm gonna die
'Cause a real woman
Needs a real man, here's why

--"Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"

It's been a helter skelter romance from the start
Take these memories that are haunting me
Of a paper man cut into shreds
By his own pair of scissors

Because days come and go
But my feelings for you are forever

--"Forever"

I've been around the world in the pourin' rain,
Feelin' out a' place, I'm feelin' strange,
Take me to a place where they know my name

--"Alex on the Spot/The Traveling Song"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home