Sunday, January 27, 2013

Things Chinny [FUCKING] Hates to Hear While With a Broken Heart That Still LOVES

1.) "Don't worry"

Uh yes. I do worry. If you don't know me. My second name is "Worry Wart." I do believe that is the Latin root of my one true name. And if you thought I had a "one true name" you must not know me very well. 

2.) "You'll be okay"

I know this is an obligatory phrase that all you guys must say, but it doesn't make me hate it any less. Talk in present terms. Not in the future. The future is fucking unwritten. Yes we can all assume that the basis of this "You'll be okay" phrase is due to the fact that many broken hearts heal over time and thus the subject is "okay." However as this process has not yet begun, commenced or complete...Refrain from obligatory phrases that are obvious and NOT helpful for the present time.

3.) "You'll find someone else" and its variants: e.g. "you deserve someone better," "you will not be single for long"

While it is okay to tell me that I am a catch, which by the way is a positive and constructive thing to say about someone like myself who has a broken heart...It is NOT helpful to tell me that there is someone waiting in the wings for me. I have a broken heart people. I did NOT fall out of love. I am still IN love. I don't give a flying fuck about not being in a relationship anymore or being single. That is not my fear. Or my sorrow. I miss being with HIM. I miss HIM. And why on earth are you suggesting that it is a good idea to just get together with someone else? I'm not done yet. Also...I'm fucking tired. I don't want to do this shit again. So thank you but NO THANK YOU.

Clarification. I do not believe "shit" is an accurate description or honest description of my relationship. It was the farthest thing from shit. It was difficult yes, but it was something I do and never will regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home