Wow it's been a long time
So we didn't break up. All those times we didn't. We fought terribly but survived each time and despite rather popular demand for us to really call it quits, we stuck it out. I stuck it out and now, things are the way I want them to be, he wants them to be, we want them to be. He is patient and supportive. He uses "we." That in of itself makes us very happy. It makes me very happy.
My father was right. He told me to wait, to be patient and that he could be capable of change. But it was entirely up to me. And it was up to him. We would have greatly regretted the decision to give up and call it quits. I know this now, because we are so happy. Lately I've been stressed over losing my internship, difficulties with people at school and generally issues with my thesis.
There are things I just have to learn to let go. That I need to sleep and exercise and eat better. But I know I can rest easy because he's there. He's my partner and we have such happy times now. No fights.
My father was right. He told me to wait, to be patient and that he could be capable of change. But it was entirely up to me. And it was up to him. We would have greatly regretted the decision to give up and call it quits. I know this now, because we are so happy. Lately I've been stressed over losing my internship, difficulties with people at school and generally issues with my thesis.
There are things I just have to learn to let go. That I need to sleep and exercise and eat better. But I know I can rest easy because he's there. He's my partner and we have such happy times now. No fights.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home