Monday, October 3, 2011

Comfort

I'm listening to Pandora radio, I got into it again when I failed to discover any new music. It's good like that knowing you can always be shown something you may not have ever thought of before or knew previously existed until you heard it. I like the new design too. Except those pesky advertisements.

I'm sitting in the far corner of the library. I think my favorite places aside from the Our Park in Our City in the urban city by the industrial river, is the library. That and the aquarium. I love these places. Such lovely memories. It's hard sitting here. I've worked for what seems like hours on my essay. I'm doing well. 3 more sections to go, well the 3 other books I'm using. Then there's the conclusion. Also, I need to do editing. Not to mention cite my sources. Great. I hate that part. I'm nearly there. I'll be here late late tonight. No rest for the weary. People may disagree with me, but I am not wicked. No rest for the wicked. This is true, but I am not wicked.

I am listening to Rachael Yamagata station. The library in this corner is still and full of natural light. I dislike the lamps. The girl who was tutoring finally left. I hate it when there are people near me. I can't concentrate and I feel really self conscious. I need space. And time. I must occupy both.

It's raining outside. Soft and steady like the songs I'm listening to. The sky is colorless and dull. The forest is so green. I have no umbrella. What will I do? Just suffer and have to walk quickly.

I find comfort knowing somebody might have an umbrella I can share. Perhaps my friend is still downstairs at the computer. Perhaps. If not I'll have to work quickly. And hope for the best.

She told me that her boyfriend doesn't talk to her everyday. They don't talk everyday. Sometimes for days. Week. Two weeks. But she knows they are together. She doesn't worry. He loves her. I find comfort knowing somebody else experiences the same. Because I thought it was OK, so long as he tells me how he feels every now and then. He is always honest with me. I trust him. I am fine waiting. I didn't know I was waiting and that I would meet him. So if I think about it in this way, I've been waiting the whole of my young life that I could have been dating. It was worth it. I wasn't alone. I wasn't lonely.

And now. I know it's worth it. I know I am not alone. I am not lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home