Decisions Decisions
The choices you make for yourself do affect others. Does a choice define you?
I choose to do some things and not others. You choose to do the things I do not do.
But it doesn't change the way I feel about you, but it does make me worry, because I care. But you know what you're doing. I don't know what you're doing, because you do what I won't do.
I was surprised. I was a little disappointed who you were with and because that was not the impression you gave when you told me what you were going to do last night.
Don't mistake what I say and when I say this, I'm not upset. I'm not angry or overreacting. I'm not going "woman" on you, where you think I'm all hair raised and overly emotional.
No, I'm just thoughtful. Concerned. Surprised.
I just want you to know that while I respect your decision to do what you do, you must respect mine. I do not do the things you do.
I still like you who you are. Who you are is not what you do. What you do is not who you are. Do you understand what I mean? I mean that what you do does not define who you are, because I know you apart from what you do. I like that person. I really do.
But if that person becomes what you do so that every fiber in your being is saturated and dopey, then I could never be with you.
And if you ever tried to force me to do anything that I do not want to do, then I could not be with you either.
This is your life and this is mine. I want to be important in your life as you are in mine.
You know what you're doing so that comforts me. You can take care of yourself.
I respect that.
Thank you, for respecting me!
I choose to do some things and not others. You choose to do the things I do not do.
But it doesn't change the way I feel about you, but it does make me worry, because I care. But you know what you're doing. I don't know what you're doing, because you do what I won't do.
I was surprised. I was a little disappointed who you were with and because that was not the impression you gave when you told me what you were going to do last night.
Don't mistake what I say and when I say this, I'm not upset. I'm not angry or overreacting. I'm not going "woman" on you, where you think I'm all hair raised and overly emotional.
No, I'm just thoughtful. Concerned. Surprised.
I just want you to know that while I respect your decision to do what you do, you must respect mine. I do not do the things you do.
I still like you who you are. Who you are is not what you do. What you do is not who you are. Do you understand what I mean? I mean that what you do does not define who you are, because I know you apart from what you do. I like that person. I really do.
But if that person becomes what you do so that every fiber in your being is saturated and dopey, then I could never be with you.
And if you ever tried to force me to do anything that I do not want to do, then I could not be with you either.
This is your life and this is mine. I want to be important in your life as you are in mine.
You know what you're doing so that comforts me. You can take care of yourself.
I respect that.
Thank you, for respecting me!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home