Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Blue Pearl

Yesterday was one of two things:

1.) The Blue Pearl
2.) The day before day light savings

I'm mostly concerned about the first of the two, because although day light savings is very important so are jazz dances-in-which-you-do-not-dance-at-all-because-you-are-a-dateless-loser-and-the second-being-you-are-reunited-with-your-seventh/eighth-grade-choir-teacher-that-you-haven't-seen-in-four-years. That was a horrendous run on, but...I'm not really in an English mode. I'm kind of losing my ability to speak English and I cannot for the life of me speak any Asian language including Japanese, but that is besides the point.

It was beautiful like last year. People at my high school have no taste. I mean seriously. This dance is put on, because there are people at this high school who really have an appreciation for Sinatra, Dean Martin and Glenn Miller. OK, let me rephrase this or reexplain this. I just mean that at my high school...Most people, the same people who refused to have a western theme at the Sadie Hawkins, would probably not be able to appreciate a dance with a live jazz band composed of students and a live jazz choir (including several soloists). The color scheme was blue and white. I mean ironically the same colors as the school itself, but anyway, it's called a BLUE PEARL. Doi. It was made to feel like a club. It was brilliant.

I just wish I had a date, so I could enjoy swing dancing. But I loved the music. The company...It was chaotic. I mean I do not regret going. I just wish I had a laptop so I might have made use of my time. I think people would have thought I was crazy, but you know what...I could just be describing the atmosphere. Anyway, I got to see JJ, GH and T^2. Yes, T^2 out of T^3. I won't bother explaining.

She brought her boyfriend and a male friend of hers. I thought that was kinda of awkward seeing as...Well there's history. Anyway. I haven't seen JJ, GH and T^2 IN FOREVER. I'm glad they are happy. I mean JJ has her circle of friends. GH seems in lighter spirits and had a male friend or two to dance with. T^2 and her boyfriend are waaay into each other, so that's a given. They all had fun. I'm glad I saw them. But I felt like a loser. I mean for one thing, I'm like Depressed. Another thing is I didn't have a dance partner. I have never wanted to dance with someone so badly.

There weren't any "extra guys" floating around, because guys are insecure and stupid and think if they go "together" people will think they are homosexuals. STUPID. Girls do it all the time. Besides, more guys should go stag, because there are surpluses of girls without dates at dances. Proms. Etc. Because we're brave and go with friends.

Anyway. I had a terrible time with names and faces. I had not seen any of these people since like middle school with the exception of those I kept in touch with. I was estastic to see Mr. Arnold who I had not recognized, although he looked familiar. I guess I got taller, because he didn't seem as tall anymore. I mean he still is, but he just seemed smaller. He looked a little older, just a little. I knew I wanted to go to see if he remembered me. Two years of choir. I hoped he would.

I walked up to him after the dance. He was talking to others and had not realized who I was. He just smiled and asked, "What can I do for you?"

And I said, "Hello Mr. Arnold. Do you remember me? I'm *Chinny. I was in your middle school choir--"

"Oh my gosh! Yes! How are you?"

"Good."

I explained to him that I was at Cupertino and he asked if I was involved with choir. I awkwardly explained I did not really get involved with choir or anything else in high school except for Japanese. I can't talk to people anymore. I'm losing my ability to speak. I think I'm losing my mind. I think I'm going mute or something. I just emit noise. Not words. But noise.

Anyway I think he made sense of what I was saying. And he told me that he still had the honey jar I gave him and just finished it. Wow. Four years. I guess he really wanted to make it last. He told me that I should not be "shy and stop by. Room 34."

I guess I will. It's about time I saw SSei. I'll bring them jars of something. Maybe more honey or I"ll go to the World Market and find something.

I was happy to go. I should have asked someone to go with me. But I don't have any guyfriends. And I love swing dancing, though I'm terrible at it. At least I had my silver flats. They kept me company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home