Maybe Maybe Maybe
I maybe--emphasis on maybe--be able to actually finish a story of mine. I can't believe it and I'm going to try my darnedest to see it through. See it finished. After all, finishing a story of mine, was one of my New Year's resolutions.
I can't really describe what it's about, but I'm trying to do more research to figure it out. Basically it's boy meets girl, but it's far more than where "Twilight" goes, although the guy is from a supernatural family. I remember watching this very interesting anime series freshmen year called "Mushishi." Mushishi are neither plants or animals, but rather in between.
The main character lifted up his hand and said that were are different life forces on earth like animals, plants and humans--your fingers. He then said that "mushishi" are represented by the space between your fingers. They are between human, plants and animals. Not one or the other or just both.
It's quite interesting actually. I also am really interested in Japanese Spirits as well as the cultural beliefs of the Maori people.
AND I have been inspired by Final Fantasy XIII Versus. I never been so estastic over an "animated" person before, but NOCTIS IS AMAZING. That game follows the last heir to a kingdom whose land is slowly being devoured by urbanization (basically modern vs. old) and his relations with a girl who has the same power as he (he can manipulate/materalize weapons from thin air using power from a crystal which belongs to his kingdom) and the relations with those who want the crystal for themselves/encroach upon the "old ways."
Soooo with all that said...
My story follows a third generation boy from a mysterious family of humanoids who are neither dead or alive, spirit or human, animal or human, but appear as human as we judge to be. They are slowly dying out and trying to desperately expand their race by bringing in "new blood" and having their sons and daughters try to find more blood to bring into the family to sustain their way of life.
Old right? But that's just the underlying plot, it's mostly about his relationship with a girl at his school called Lucy. It's not really a whole forbidden love either or her figuring out what and who he is. It's completely different. It's more Gothic Fairytale. A backwards Fairy tale. In which the Prince is the guy you don't want the Heroine to end up with and the Villain is not a Villain, but certainly not a likable Hero.
I'm still working on it. But here's the thing...I wrote the ending, before I wrote the beginning and middle or end.
I'm so excited!
I can't really describe what it's about, but I'm trying to do more research to figure it out. Basically it's boy meets girl, but it's far more than where "Twilight" goes, although the guy is from a supernatural family. I remember watching this very interesting anime series freshmen year called "Mushishi." Mushishi are neither plants or animals, but rather in between.
The main character lifted up his hand and said that were are different life forces on earth like animals, plants and humans--your fingers. He then said that "mushishi" are represented by the space between your fingers. They are between human, plants and animals. Not one or the other or just both.
It's quite interesting actually. I also am really interested in Japanese Spirits as well as the cultural beliefs of the Maori people.
AND I have been inspired by Final Fantasy XIII Versus. I never been so estastic over an "animated" person before, but NOCTIS IS AMAZING. That game follows the last heir to a kingdom whose land is slowly being devoured by urbanization (basically modern vs. old) and his relations with a girl who has the same power as he (he can manipulate/materalize weapons from thin air using power from a crystal which belongs to his kingdom) and the relations with those who want the crystal for themselves/encroach upon the "old ways."
Soooo with all that said...
My story follows a third generation boy from a mysterious family of humanoids who are neither dead or alive, spirit or human, animal or human, but appear as human as we judge to be. They are slowly dying out and trying to desperately expand their race by bringing in "new blood" and having their sons and daughters try to find more blood to bring into the family to sustain their way of life.
Old right? But that's just the underlying plot, it's mostly about his relationship with a girl at his school called Lucy. It's not really a whole forbidden love either or her figuring out what and who he is. It's completely different. It's more Gothic Fairytale. A backwards Fairy tale. In which the Prince is the guy you don't want the Heroine to end up with and the Villain is not a Villain, but certainly not a likable Hero.
I'm still working on it. But here's the thing...I wrote the ending, before I wrote the beginning and middle or end.
I'm so excited!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home