Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Indifference (O new friend of mine)/Sadies Hawkins Dance

I realized that I'm not as unhappy as I was before. I'm really pessimistic, but when have I not been? I've never been completely happy, but never so bad as this year or the one before that. High school just brings out the best in people doesn't it? Sarcasm too. Well, thank goodness there are remedies for everything these days. Pills and shots for everything. In my case, good friends.

I'm mostly just indifferent. Indifferent to the days going by, to the current time. I don't really pay much attention to the days and how they differ. Sadly, it's all in the moment. My patience hasn't come back fully and I'm still short with people or getting shorter. But I'm not as snappy with Leeann anymore. The Lion doesn't bother me as greatly. For now. It will change. I assure you. We're sisters. She's younger. Of course I'll get pissed at her again.

Full schedule again today:

Read and translate and understand the Feburary Reading for AP Japanese (quiz tomorrow)
Finish packet for AP Japanese
Answer opener and skin questions for Physio
Edit article for Journalism (finished!)
Logarithms worksheet for Algebra 2 (ew)

I think that's it.

Oh yeah.

Read pages 638-642 for Brit Lit, take notes blah blah blah

I should get started. Japanese will take FOREVER. Physio is just a pain in the ass. Math will take forever. I'm so bad at it. Presumably, when I'm married, I hope my future mate can do taxes. Because if I do it, the IRS will cart me away.

---

Oh! I had forgotten. Completely. The Sadies Hawkins dance is next Friday. Mrs. Ouch asked if any girls had gotten dates. Every girl had shifty eyes. Mrs. Ouch, you see, shares waaay too much about sex, not anything personal (though she ALMOST went there) but more than we care to know from our TEACHER.

Anyway, I was like, "Well maybe I'd ask someone if I had anyone to ASK."

OK, I will admit my standards are high. Well maybe you can be the judge of that:

Shoulds, Shouldn'ts and General Preferences for a Guy Approved by Chinny

1.) He must like my friends

I hate it when I hear about girls who constantly have to choose over their boyfriend and their friends, because one or the other party or both parities hate each other. I will not choose my boyfriend over my friends. I don't mean I'd give him up just like that, I just mean I don't want to have to choose. And I don't want to feel a shroud of awkwardness fall over the group if they hang out together (if forced, planned, etc.) My dream would be that my boyfriend would engage them in conversation and they'd get along.

2.) He should be honest

Some of you are saying, "WELL DUH!" But this is what I mean by honest. I also mean straight forward. I don't want him to be leading me around, leading me on and pretending that something is "okay" with him. I want him to tell me. Even if it hurts, because nothing hurts more than finding out through the grape vine or after he cheats, that you were boring, etc etc. JUST TELL ME.

3.) He shouldn't be needy, overprotective, easily jealous

I talk to other boys. I have to talk to other boys for projects or that I do have other mutual-nuetral guy friends. He should be OK with that. I won't claw another girl if she talks to my boyfriend. He should do the same. Also, I don't want him to like be calling, be texting or spring on me every other second. I want him to hang out with his guyfriends and I want to hang out with my girlfriends. Good? Good!

4.) He needs to have a sense of humor and fun loving

If you make me laugh, if you like to laugh, you're a winner. PERIOD.

5.) He has to be intelliegent and be going some where

I would like an intellecutal, someone engaging, someone I can discuss things with. Music. Books. Movies. Food. If he's waaaay smarter than me, I'd also like him not to look down on me or completely dumb me up if he goes off on some philosopichal or technical tangent. First of all you don't deserve someone who doesn't have a clue what you're saying and also...Please don't make me feel anymore like an idiot.

He should have goals in life, not just bumming around or "living in the moment." He should go to college, have a passion for something and do it. I mean I'd prefer that he was going to college and trying to expand out of his comfort zone.

He has a brain use it! I hate the guys who are CLUELESS AND OBLIVIOUS. The ones where you wonder why they were given eyes, ears and a brain if they were just going to sit on or in the skull.

6.) He has to be adventurous and outgoing

I'm shy and awkward. If I date a shy and awkward guy, believe me we will go no where. Adventurous, I don't mean like risque, horny adventurous. I mean like, "Let's go hiking! Let's go to San Francisco and eat at China town! Let's go to that new restaurant! Let's try ice skating!" New things. Old things. Going places.

7.) He should be sensitive

I mean not like I hit you and you start crying. Though you probably know what I mean, girls. I mean like...If I'm in a bad mood and it's obvious or you just get the feeling I'm not feeling OK. Give me space or try to change the topic. Don't get all huffy puffy and lash out at me, because I don't feel like hugging you or talking to you.

8.) He shouldn't be a control freak

I understand that men want respect and women want love. That isn't permanently and only applicable to just men and just women. I want respect too as much as he wants love. So don't boss me around. Don't be overwhelming and don't be a control freak. I said so before, I've observed girls like pushing their guys into holding their shopping and going on mall trips. For goodness' sake take your girlfriends shopping! Not your boyfriend who is checking out other girls, because he's sick of standing outside Forever 21 and Sephora.

The only "happy" guys I saw shopping were:

a) In the underwear section
b) With their girlfriend in Victoria Secret
c) In some sort of electronic store (Apple, GameStop, etc)

And I'm not saying that all guys dislike shopping, I'm just saying that is the majority of what I observed. And that unless my boyfriend stated specifically that he liked shopping, I would feel more comfortable with letting him come with me. Otherwise I would just feel panicky that I was making him wait.

10.) He should be easy going, mellow, paitient (any more defintions of relaxed?)

I know people, my dad included, who freak out when accidents happen like dropping an iPod or a camera. Yes it's bad. But I will dump you if you act like my dad. I really will.

I've heard it said that guys and girls end up dating a person that is like their mom or dad, but I don't want to. There are qualities that my father has that I value. But that doesn't make me any more sane and happy than I am right now, living in my parents' home. I have to get out of here. And I can't committ myself to someone who is exactly like my dad.


There's more, but frankly it's just obvious stuff like being hygenic, don't be a pervert, an addict, etc etc. You get the gist? I mean, just obvious obvious stuff.

Is that being picky? I mean those are just the Top Ten that I value the most. The behaviors and qualities I find most important to me.

I'm not the most experienced person, but I observe and I have had some experiences that have shown me what I like and what I don't like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home