Sunday, February 10, 2013

You're everywhere [to me]

You are in the songs I hear when I turn on Pandora. So much I have to skip song after song. I have to change station after station. I see you dancing in the car. I hear you singing off key. The songs are speaking about my love for you. The songs are talking about us.

You are in the air I breathe. The air in my lungs, the air that oxygenates my blood and in each sigh I exhale, pushed out from my diaphragm.

You are in the clothes I wear. I remember what I wore the very first day I met you. I am wearing the PJs I wore the day you left my house when you decided we had to go own separate ways. I will always remember the shirt you wore. I know it's worn out right behind the back of your collar. I hope you never ever let anybody throw it out. I have clothes you bought me specially hanging in my closet. There's the bracelet you gave me safe in my jewelry case.

You are in my phone. I can't delete any of those pictures. I can't destroy them. Even if I erased them, they would never be gone from my memory. I can't forget them. I don't dare delete your number or block it, because what if you ever call or message me. What if I ever need to say something to you or you me...

You are in the places I visit. I remember where we kissed, the first kiss the first time. I remember where we went and what we did.

You are in the food I eat. I remember what you eat, where you eat and what you like. I haven't eaten Indian food since I was with you. I can't bear to eat chicken tikka masala or naan or paneer because I think of how you used to teach me the "right way to eat."

You are in my head. All my memories. All the lovely memories and all the bad ones too. I don't regret anything. I won't forget you. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home