Ear Piercing is Liberation
Well not really. I mean I guess in the case of my friend it is. It is to "new beginnings." And I have to say what Diane said when I went to get my ears pierced was totally true. Anyway, I won't diverge anymore. We are going with Stefanie to get her ears pierced today. She told me that she feels "liberated" now. I don't blame her at all. I am glad that she trusted me so much to see her through to this moment. As I suggested, she's wearing the shoes she was denied and of course looks fabulous! It'll be nice to go out all dolled up, although today I have a ton of work to do.
She's getting four piercings. FOUR! I was already feeling reluctant about two. She's getting her lobes done. She told me that the women on her mom's side, well her aunt and her mom have two piercings each per lobe. Kristin is going to get her nose pierced. Wow. I didn't know what Olivia was talking about when she said piercings are addictive, but maybe now I know what she means. I want a helix. Over the summer so I have time to change my mind if I want. It's better to get it done this summer, because I'll have time to heal and stuff. Well I mean...Actually anytime during college is fine, but when I go to work...I'll have to have my ears healed by then so I can take out the helix. I don't think it would look...professional for the first few months. I mean...Well, I don't know there were a few guys I saw over the summer who had serious tattoo action all over their forearms. But maybe they had been so impressive at their job, or maybe because the company is sort of "youngish" or trying to remain "hip" or maybe they just don't care. Anyway, a helix next summer perhaps. If I don't chicken out.
Stefanie told me that she really appreciates all the help and support. Of course! That is what I'm here for.
We talked for a while yesterday about relationships and feelings. It helps. It always does.
It really helps me, puts me at ease, knowing I have people I can go to if I need to ramble on about silly relationship things. I know not everybody wants an earful, but some friends of mine apparently love hearing this stuff. It's good to know, because I know I'd have mixed feelings if approximately five to six months ago, I had remained single.
Things really change once you find that special person.
It's funny how feelings are universal but experienced differently from person to person, couple to couple. You really can't draw too many comparisons or become an "expert." Because nobody is the same. Similar. But never the same.
We just lay there talking for a while before moving into the hall to hang out more. I shouldn't have eaten those Butterfingers. Ugh. I can feel myself descending into rolls of flab around my middle. Not pretty. I jiggle. A totally jelly like mass walking around on my stubby legs. And yet, lately I have felt...beautiful. It's strange. Really.
Wow. There are six weeks left of school. I am so dead!
She's getting four piercings. FOUR! I was already feeling reluctant about two. She's getting her lobes done. She told me that the women on her mom's side, well her aunt and her mom have two piercings each per lobe. Kristin is going to get her nose pierced. Wow. I didn't know what Olivia was talking about when she said piercings are addictive, but maybe now I know what she means. I want a helix. Over the summer so I have time to change my mind if I want. It's better to get it done this summer, because I'll have time to heal and stuff. Well I mean...Actually anytime during college is fine, but when I go to work...I'll have to have my ears healed by then so I can take out the helix. I don't think it would look...professional for the first few months. I mean...Well, I don't know there were a few guys I saw over the summer who had serious tattoo action all over their forearms. But maybe they had been so impressive at their job, or maybe because the company is sort of "youngish" or trying to remain "hip" or maybe they just don't care. Anyway, a helix next summer perhaps. If I don't chicken out.
Stefanie told me that she really appreciates all the help and support. Of course! That is what I'm here for.
We talked for a while yesterday about relationships and feelings. It helps. It always does.
It really helps me, puts me at ease, knowing I have people I can go to if I need to ramble on about silly relationship things. I know not everybody wants an earful, but some friends of mine apparently love hearing this stuff. It's good to know, because I know I'd have mixed feelings if approximately five to six months ago, I had remained single.
Things really change once you find that special person.
It's funny how feelings are universal but experienced differently from person to person, couple to couple. You really can't draw too many comparisons or become an "expert." Because nobody is the same. Similar. But never the same.
We just lay there talking for a while before moving into the hall to hang out more. I shouldn't have eaten those Butterfingers. Ugh. I can feel myself descending into rolls of flab around my middle. Not pretty. I jiggle. A totally jelly like mass walking around on my stubby legs. And yet, lately I have felt...beautiful. It's strange. Really.
Wow. There are six weeks left of school. I am so dead!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home