Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life as I know it

I am 21 years old. I have Mono. Classes officially began today. I am at home. I am crying. I have not eaten food for about two or three days, I can't remember. I have been drinking nothing but ginger ale because as of yesterday I have been vomiting stomach fluids or perhaps on the account the only other thing besides liquid that I have been "ingesting" has been Ibuprofen. A glorious diet. I am depressed. This is supposed to be my senior year in college. I planned to do my senior thesis this fall semester. I had another internship lined up for the fall with the hope of full time hire prospects. I was going to kick ass and get good grades again. I was going to learn and live and love.

Instead I am at home. My glands are so swollen they are taking up my face. My mouth reeks an odor which is unpleasantly familiar...My sister who swears she brushes her teeth twice a day but doesn't, that's what it smells like. This is abominable because I brush twice a day. I can barely brush now without gagging which is painful because my tonsils are so swollen that it feels like I have a sock knit from barb wire crammed down my throat. Swallowing anything is an effort. On top of Mono I may in fact have a sinus infection. I have inexplicable rashes all over my body which resemble and feel like mosquito bites. I have lost a significant amount of weight, probably water weight.

I have continuous nightmares every night when I can sleep which is only for a few hours. I toss and turn because I have sweats and fevers. I feel like this is Hell. This is what Hell is. This is the most sick aside from that stomach virus I got a months ago, the most sick I have ever been. I can barely function. Sitting up is an effort as is speaking. I sound like I am being choked. Legit.

I just can't function. I want to sit in a corner and cry because I don't know what to do. It has been mentioned and recommended that I should take a semester off. I don't want to. I have been through worse and pushed through with excellent grades, who is to say I can't do it again?

This time though I am so worn out. I'm exhausted as I type this. I am feeling very depressed. I feel very lonely. I haven't spoken to anybody. I'm alarmed how nobody seems to care really. Except for my family. My mom is doing so much for me. Buddy seems worried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home