Monday, April 30, 2012

Opinions

Everybody is entitled to them. You are entitled to your own opinion. And entitled to your feelings. Your feelings are valid. And expressing them is often necessary to heal and invoke deep thought.

I shouldn't try to force my feelings or opinions or change a person because that's not how I think or how I feel or what I'd do. I ask the same of you however. We agree to disagree. We understand that we are different and we will not try to change each other. I will not mold into the person you demand I be, because you wouldn't do the same for me. You shouldn't. I shouldn't. We agree to meet halfway.

I am remembering somethings that were said to me concerning my partner. Somebody was disgusted that my partner was not the "right kind of Asian." And another said his body was gross because he is a biological male.

Yeah, you both are entitled to your opinions. But you know what? One of you I have not seen or spoken to since grade school. To the other, I would never say that your partner's body is "gross."

Remain concerned how my partner treats me and how I treat him in return. His body is irrelevant. And human bodies are bizarre and peculiar.

Yes I do believe I feel like there is a kind of human body I find to be stronger in ways overlooked by those who possess another kind of body.

His body is not gross. It's different. And he's sharing it with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home