Thursday, August 25, 2011

These flights depress me, suppress me

I don't want to tell this to you, because I don't want to make you sad, so I'll say it here in this space that is my own.

I was curious about flights and something in me just sank when I found out that Southwest does not serve the region I need to fly into. How is it that they don't have flights everywhere and anywhere? Especially large hubs? I don't understand. It's entirely bizarre. Southwest is known to have good service and cheap flights, but naturally it's useless when it comes to visiting you. And OF COURSE there isn't any easy way to get to you. I checked for deals and flights in September when I was thinking of seeing you and god, there is nothing. They keep trying to reroute me so that there are multiple stops and outrageous layovers or even nights in strange cities. There isn't any direct way to get to you. It doesn't seem to help that I don't have class on Friday and that my last class on Thursday ends at 5 pm.

No matter how many times I try to instruct the machine to spit out a combination that is specified to my needs, it just ignores me completely. I'm feeling a little beat up and I just what you would say and do. You would spend the money to see me and I will too. It's just I'm worried that that would mean I wouldn't be able to see you twice. Because I'm short on fucking time. I hate having all these classes. And we need to focus and I will, but it doesn't mean I'll miss you less or stop thinking about you when things are so quiet.

My friends keep me at bay, they tease me and smile with me and laugh with me. They keep me going, but no matter what I still miss you. I know now what it is to feel this way and it's so good but it hurts. I know what you would say.

You would sling your arm around me and shake me gently and say, "Hey, don't worry about it. It's cool. Don't be so pessimistic."

You're right. There has to be another way. Maybe there are miles I don't know about. Or I could try a different month. October however is out of the question. And you only have two classes and two days of class, you could easily come to visit. You have class Tuesday and Thursday. I have class unfortunately Monday through Thursday. But you have so much more time when you could travel.

There are two stops. Always fucking two stops. Or it'll take me another day to get there.

I want as much time with you as I can.

You're right.

It's never enough.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home