The Most Lovely Poem is "Baggy Clothes" by Josh Healey
This is when I almost believed in love. Was after I heard him read this poem.
And this is just a recording of him reading it, but I got to hear it IN PERSON in a classroom with only five other girls present.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mAsmkSBXS8
Now, love isn't so far. But it will be. And it's not like I never wanted to disbelieve in it. It exists and I have had love before. Not romantic love, but unconditional love because of my family and friends.
And now, I know what it is to have romantic and unconditional love.
So here is my own "Baggy Clothes."
---
You were there, always there
Warm and softly snoring
You never moved away from me, always keeping the same space beside me
I woke up before you
And when you opened your eyes and saw me
You smiled, like you always do, in that smile is a puppy dog wagging his tail
Just the way she said you always look at me and smile
You worry perhaps not the extent that I worry, but you worry like I do
About things neither one of us should be concerned about
And anything that comes to mind that I want to say
I say, because I know you won't be upset or laugh at me
You never laugh at me
You laugh with me
You tease me
I tease you
And when you laugh at me, you aren't being mean or cruel
There is sometime silence between us
But usually something is said later
I have never felt uncomfortable with you ever
And you're totally right, it's never going to be enough
I just hope it is enough for us to survive the distance that will inevitably keep us from each other
Temporarily
But for a longer time than we want
You babble on about nonsense that makes sense but where some people call it "stupid shit"
I just keep smiling and then kiss you quiet
You are my first of everything and I am your first of some things
I have no regrets and I bet you do not either
You always say, "Yup" "Definitely" "Awesome" "Absolutely" "What, you crazy?"
We're so awkward together
We balance each other out
In some respects I think we are simply meant to be
But we'll find out won't we?
You always tell me not to be so pessimistic
I have hope that we can survive
I can if you can
I will us to be together again
We are at the same "pedestal", that's what you said
I agree
I have never been comfortable with sex
As my friends know
Or being naked
Or vulnerable in any way
But I'm not with you
It's because it's you
I hope you know
It wouldn't be the same if it was anyone else
But since it's you
Everything is comfortable and safe and loving
And how I wish everybody's first
Would be and have been and will
I don't want to say things too soon
Something we have both said
But I wouldn't mind if you were my only
At this moment in time, I don't mind
And once you said, I hope I know you 10 years from now
Me too
We both fell
We both said it aloud
We said that our feelings run deeper than simply "like"
And have means to go elsewhere
And we've said that
We also know that if you say it too much it begins to mean nothing at all
Which is why I won't say it too often
I'll show you
So I know that you know
And we know
That in two days the test will begin
But I think we can do this together
And this is just a recording of him reading it, but I got to hear it IN PERSON in a classroom with only five other girls present.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mAsmkSBXS8
Now, love isn't so far. But it will be. And it's not like I never wanted to disbelieve in it. It exists and I have had love before. Not romantic love, but unconditional love because of my family and friends.
And now, I know what it is to have romantic and unconditional love.
So here is my own "Baggy Clothes."
---
You were there, always there
Warm and softly snoring
You never moved away from me, always keeping the same space beside me
I woke up before you
And when you opened your eyes and saw me
You smiled, like you always do, in that smile is a puppy dog wagging his tail
Just the way she said you always look at me and smile
You worry perhaps not the extent that I worry, but you worry like I do
About things neither one of us should be concerned about
And anything that comes to mind that I want to say
I say, because I know you won't be upset or laugh at me
You never laugh at me
You laugh with me
You tease me
I tease you
And when you laugh at me, you aren't being mean or cruel
There is sometime silence between us
But usually something is said later
I have never felt uncomfortable with you ever
And you're totally right, it's never going to be enough
I just hope it is enough for us to survive the distance that will inevitably keep us from each other
Temporarily
But for a longer time than we want
You babble on about nonsense that makes sense but where some people call it "stupid shit"
I just keep smiling and then kiss you quiet
You are my first of everything and I am your first of some things
I have no regrets and I bet you do not either
You always say, "Yup" "Definitely" "Awesome" "Absolutely" "What, you crazy?"
We're so awkward together
We balance each other out
In some respects I think we are simply meant to be
But we'll find out won't we?
You always tell me not to be so pessimistic
I have hope that we can survive
I can if you can
I will us to be together again
We are at the same "pedestal", that's what you said
I agree
I have never been comfortable with sex
As my friends know
Or being naked
Or vulnerable in any way
But I'm not with you
It's because it's you
I hope you know
It wouldn't be the same if it was anyone else
But since it's you
Everything is comfortable and safe and loving
And how I wish everybody's first
Would be and have been and will
I don't want to say things too soon
Something we have both said
But I wouldn't mind if you were my only
At this moment in time, I don't mind
And once you said, I hope I know you 10 years from now
Me too
We both fell
We both said it aloud
We said that our feelings run deeper than simply "like"
And have means to go elsewhere
And we've said that
We also know that if you say it too much it begins to mean nothing at all
Which is why I won't say it too often
I'll show you
So I know that you know
And we know
That in two days the test will begin
But I think we can do this together
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home