Last Summer Flashback
Buddy is sick. He's not around. They kept him overnight in the clinic and all day yesterday after his morning appointment at 9:15 pm. For testing and observation. They called in the afternoon to say it was Pancreatitis, the inflammation of the pancreas which can be caused by lack of exercise or ingesting either something fatty or decaying. My mom neglected to mention that she had found 3 dead birds in the backyard that had all mysteriously vanished before she could remember to remove them. Well, if they were accessible to a dog with a nasty habit of eating horse shit, than let's see...I wonder if dead birds are off menu?
I haven't been walking him as I should. He gained almost 10 lbs according to the weight-take yesterday. This is not doubt going to be an expensive ordeal, but at least the guy is OK. It's so eerie not having him around, because it's almost like last summer when Jennifer was overnight in the hospital.
I sent a stupid text to D about it and naturally became fearful that he thinks I'm crazy or offended by my use of "Delhi Belly" which is an Indian movie whose title refers to "stomach upset." I don't know why I used it, but I figured he'd understand what I was trying to say. He hasn't replied and I'm hoping it's because there isn't anything to say back. I mean he could have, but it was more of a report than a conversation starter.
I realize that I am a very sad, paranoid being and I should really address that.
I haven't been walking him as I should. He gained almost 10 lbs according to the weight-take yesterday. This is not doubt going to be an expensive ordeal, but at least the guy is OK. It's so eerie not having him around, because it's almost like last summer when Jennifer was overnight in the hospital.
I sent a stupid text to D about it and naturally became fearful that he thinks I'm crazy or offended by my use of "Delhi Belly" which is an Indian movie whose title refers to "stomach upset." I don't know why I used it, but I figured he'd understand what I was trying to say. He hasn't replied and I'm hoping it's because there isn't anything to say back. I mean he could have, but it was more of a report than a conversation starter.
I realize that I am a very sad, paranoid being and I should really address that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home