Sunday, January 9, 2011

Post[not so]Secret

Which is nothing entirely new and not entirely true, but here it is:

I hate my sister.

In what ways? Why? Let me count the ways and whys.

-In my opinion she ruins the family dynamic
-She stays shut in her room and refuses to speak to anyone but her little friends in the Cyberworld
-We give her opportunities to state her opinion and to succeed and all she does is fail
-She did nothing when Jennifer died
-She did nothing when Granpa died
-She is doing nothing while Nana is dying
-She did not offer to take a larger role in cooking, cleaning, house keeping or just doing her part as a student independent of my parents' prodding while my dad was suffering
-She doesn't seem to mind that my mom is stressed and overworked
-She cranks up her rudeness level when her friends are over
-She talks back to my parents
-She steals things from me
-She takes my things and uses them
-She ignores my parents
-She ignores me

She's a freaking catcus. And my mom says, "Well she's getting old enough now that she can be mean to you back." And I said, "It doesn't matter. I can still destroy her."

Update, recovered from Sunday, 1/23/11:

And it doesn't matter if she gets good grades. It doesn't mean she's a nice person.

She really blew it this time.

I told her to get rid of it, because I found it. She's not supposed to have Facebook. Not at her age. And not since 3 years. I told her to get rid of it, because if she didn't I'd tell Mom. Well I kept your secret, because you promised you would. It's 3 years later.

She always hides her laptop screen when we come in. It's like she's looking at porn or something. If she were that type of person I bet she would harbor some sort of sinful secret. Oh wait. She already does. She wants all of us to fuck off, because we're the evil villains in her twisted fairytale life that we ruin, that I ruin.

Mom forgave me. I forgave Lianne. I moved on. But then that happened. Speaking of such repetative evil would destroy me. I'm just going to say I'm sick of it. I only hate her when she becomes this cyber monster. Cyber obsessed monster who alienates us real folk in exchange for her "cyber kin." What. The. Fuck. Who does that?

She fucking 12. She's supposed to out riding her bike, skinning her knees when she falls, swimming, laughing in the real world.

I know I'm one to talk. I'm a blogger. I'm a writer and I write online. Well, at least I'm doing something for somebody. Somebodys. Including myself. I'm not talking about this blog. I'm talking about my creative writing. I also USE the computer for my academia.

What does she do? The Lion just watches TV on YouTube. She watches Justin Bieber squawk "baby baby." She video chats with her friends. She doesn't do shit. She just intakes.

She's a drug addict. The closer thing in our family to one.

Well, maybe I broke the code in sisterhood when I told my parents about the Facebook. But I'll have you know before you judge me that I made good on my promise until it expired 3 years later. I gave her time to deal with it on her own and then when I discovered she was failing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-She did nothing (...) Nana is dying
People deal with grief differently. From personal experience just because I "do nothing" doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it and dealing with it in my own way.

January 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Chinny said...

I wouldn't have had a problem with her seemingly "passive" behavior, because I have friends who grieve in the same way as you so it doesn't bother me. I completely understand. However, she asked to leave so she could watch Disney Channel.

January 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home