Poetry Gone Wrong
I actually found this a while ago, but I never had the time or drive to write here. Anyway, I found this by the guy who drove me nuts earlier this year. I don't know if it's about me. It was written just this year. I wonder if he moved on to someone else. MY GOD I hope so!
Based on the date of which it was written, August 24 of this year, 2009 it is about someone else. Because, I blocked him, I would think. I think he wouldn't be able to see when I'm on and talk to me. I think...Yeah, it must be it, because I can't see when he's on either. But there's this new updated status-y thing on AIM, so it must mean that he can tell what I'm up to...Strange...
And August. That was when college started. I never "passed him by." Unless he talking about the past Senior year. I never said "hi" to him ever. Maybe this is a poem about regret.
Having taken a poetry workshop this past semester. I can't help but analyzing it, even though it unsettles me to no end.
Based on the date of which it was written, August 24 of this year, 2009 it is about someone else. Because, I blocked him, I would think. I think he wouldn't be able to see when I'm on and talk to me. I think...Yeah, it must be it, because I can't see when he's on either. But there's this new updated status-y thing on AIM, so it must mean that he can tell what I'm up to...Strange...
And August. That was when college started. I never "passed him by." Unless he talking about the past Senior year. I never said "hi" to him ever. Maybe this is a poem about regret.
Having taken a poetry workshop this past semester. I can't help but analyzing it, even though it unsettles me to no end.
Random Snippet: Affections of a Lovesick Coward
=Affections of a Lovesick Coward=
--------------------
I wanted a hi,
She passed me by,
I wanted to cry,
My heartbreak's nigh.
***
Smoke in the sky,
Smog in my heart,
Turns blue to gray,
Causes love's decay.
***
It was a game,
She was my aim,
Alert for her name,
But shied as she came.
***
A lion roars,
An eagle soars.
A child wails,
This coward bails.
***
It's all in the past,
A fact that will last,
My chance for sorrow's leave,
But for this lovelorn peeve.
--------------------
I wanted a hi,
She passed me by,
I wanted to cry,
My heartbreak's nigh.
***
Smoke in the sky,
Smog in my heart,
Turns blue to gray,
Causes love's decay.
***
It was a game,
She was my aim,
Alert for her name,
But shied as she came.
***
A lion roars,
An eagle soars.
A child wails,
This coward bails.
***
It's all in the past,
A fact that will last,
My chance for sorrow's leave,
But for this lovelorn peeve.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home