Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm no whore

I'm not the girl you left behind. I'm not the same girl in that hollow frame with empty eyes.
No, I always had a fire going.
I had a big mouth and a sharp tongue.
I could sting as bad as I could bite.
I'm not the girl you left behind. I'm the same person anymore, yes.
Your words match mind. Your words match mine.

I'm not the same girl, yes. I'm not the same girl, no.
I'm not even a girl. I'm female. I'm a woman.
My breasts are bigger. My hips got wider. My stomach is pronounced from indulgence.
The rouge on my cheek is natural. My lips are purple like the shade on what's left of my eyelids.

Yeah, I'm wearing the make up I used to dread.

Yes I changed. I'm not the same since you left for the coast.
Yes I changed. I took pictures in a bathroom. I laughed there.
Yes I changed. I wore fucking make up.
I fucking laughed. I fucking took pictures.

And look I can swear pretty indecently too.

Yeah, because I'm not the girl you once knew.

Stupid, child.

You never changed. You talk about the same creatures. Those boys you love. The boys you chase.

But I still love you. Fucking stupid child. I still fucking love you.

No matter how many times I resent the way you talk to me. What you ask me. What you demand of me.

My patience thins like the spring sun on natural glass.

I changed. Change. I changed. Changed. Change.

Yes, that's what happens when years go by and age increases.

I hated once. I hated again. I gave it up. Like people do cigarettes, sex or substances.

I embraced what I pushed away.

God forbid. God forbid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home