Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Found Poem for Poetry Workshop

I'm so behind in updates and just was mostly cleaning out old messages from FB, that I wanted to put there, before they were deleted...This is a found poem that I put together for my Poetry class. I'm rather proud of it.

I thought that it would be interesting using lyrics from songs. So I chose them according to the theme I had in mind. Separation, letting go, love. I wanted it to be about love, but more about separation and something bittersweet. About how I have to let go of people or have let go of people, because I care about them that much. I only wish they would come to see this in time or have already. I doubt it though. I suppose that is the tragedy. Not the poem itself.

---

You have a one track mind like me

You gave my life direction

You’re the one who’s one of my kind

You say all you need to see you through is my love

These words are not quite true


My heart does cry

Aren’t you satisfied with a world for two of us?

Even if you are lost

The door is open


Let’s not get started with the he said she said

Why would it all matter if you loved me?


As time goes by I know you'll see this of me
I loved you enough to let you go
free

You should fly to worlds you long to explore


Because I’ll give you wings

Go fly; cast all your fears into the sky


Because I love you

You’re free to leave me

Sometimes it just doesn’t go as planned


If you must move on alone

Kiss me goodbye

I hope to hear you cry somehow


Only on your side, I could fight all the troubles

If only I could stay there

To chase the long forgotten glorious day

When you're going to let me in an open door


Oh, simple thing where have you gone?


Sunday, Monday

Yet another Tuesday

Wednesday, Thursday

You’re still away

Friday, Saturday


I let you go

I could have done a lot for you


I remember

You always said

Life is a battle, fight and grow

I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

Even if I lose you

Not a solitary thing would I fear

To share the long forgotten glamorous days


If we change into two new people

I’ll change into a new me

Taking a step into the sky

I'm gonna make it on my own


I won’t cry

You put the dream in my reality

I should dream on my own now


Sometimes it just don’t go as planned

What we had was just too good to last


Lyrics taken from:

“Kiss Me Goodbye” (English Version) preformed by Angela Aki

“Kiss Me Goodbye” (Japanese to English translation)

“Glamorous Sky” (English Version) preformed by Hyde

“El Tango Roxanne” of Moulin Rouge!

“Until” preformed by Sting

“Somewhere Only We Know” preformed by Keane

“Hey Soul Sister” preformed by Train

“Apple and Cinnamon” preformed by Utada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home