Monday, October 5, 2009

Perfection: Poetry versus Prose/Worry Fest

We were talking today about poetry and prose. Is poetry prose? Is prose poetry? Prose is not poetry. But I think prose can be poetry. They are separate entities, but overlap. Overlapping is inevitable. Prose is free form. Free writing freedom. I think I'll name a pet "Perfect Prose." Sounds like a show name doesn't it? "Presenting Chinny's Perfect Prose." Well, maybe not. I think that prose can be poetry, because poetry has form, but then again it does not have form. People classify prose and poetry as two separate things, because they are different, but share so many similarities, you can't tell what is a poem and what is a prose piece. The masters of Prose would be people like Jack Kerouac. I remember him very well. All those readings from Junior year.

For me, the question of prose and poetry is like the chicken and the egg. You could go on and on, and I'm not convinced even experts could tell you the answer. Maybe they could, but how do you become really excellent at poetry? Greatness is achieved. How is it? If we want to get philosophical and argue endlessly about schooling and hard work. I think you can be born with talent and use it to your advantage and train it so you write poems on command. Perfection is an illusion that we degrade our minds into believing such sick lies. Here we go! Classic argument revised:

Prose or poetry?

---

I miss the H-Squad. I am growing very very paranoid about the H-Squad and I losing contact. It's making me go into a frantic, worrying fest. Worry fest. No wonder my nails are dying. Dying a painful brittle death. Maybe that's why I gaining weight. I've got to lose weight.

H-Squad loss? Nails dying? Weight gain?

Yes it's way too much. ARGGHHH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home