The Last Night by Skillet continued...
OK, I just read up about Skillet and it turns out they are a Christian rock group. Had no idea. And now with that in perspective, the meaning of all their lyrics have changed significantly.
I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. I always feel some disappointment whenever I find out a song is from a Christian band. I don't know how to explain it. I mean...There at one time when I really really wanted to be Christian, but now I feel like that's the last thing I want to be. People made fun of me because--some of my own friends--I went to church. And I got chastised at church for being who I am and by church people for not going every Sunday. I lost both ways. Going or not going.
Christianity is something that has taken a huge back seat and is going farther and farther back in my mind, if not wiped. It's not that I'm anti-Christian or anything. I'm OK with my friends' different religious backgrounds. I just want things this way:
Don't judge me for going to church or not going to church. I'll go or not go if I want to. Just like you. I don't judge people for going to church. Or not going. Fine with me. I just don't want to hear about it.
Anyway, about feeling disappointed about "The Last Goodnight" and other music...I just can't explain it. It's weird. Does that mean all Christian bands play songs only about God? Because I listened to the lyrics of songs from The Classic Crime and Skillet and not all of them sound religious at all. I guess they just declare themselves as a Christian band, because that is their faith? I don't know.
Oh well. I still love both bands.
I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. I always feel some disappointment whenever I find out a song is from a Christian band. I don't know how to explain it. I mean...There at one time when I really really wanted to be Christian, but now I feel like that's the last thing I want to be. People made fun of me because--some of my own friends--I went to church. And I got chastised at church for being who I am and by church people for not going every Sunday. I lost both ways. Going or not going.
Christianity is something that has taken a huge back seat and is going farther and farther back in my mind, if not wiped. It's not that I'm anti-Christian or anything. I'm OK with my friends' different religious backgrounds. I just want things this way:
Don't judge me for going to church or not going to church. I'll go or not go if I want to. Just like you. I don't judge people for going to church. Or not going. Fine with me. I just don't want to hear about it.
Anyway, about feeling disappointed about "The Last Goodnight" and other music...I just can't explain it. It's weird. Does that mean all Christian bands play songs only about God? Because I listened to the lyrics of songs from The Classic Crime and Skillet and not all of them sound religious at all. I guess they just declare themselves as a Christian band, because that is their faith? I don't know.
Oh well. I still love both bands.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home